WaterFest 2020 has been canceled
COVID-19 Update: In order to best protect our citizens, volunteers, partners and staff, the Ramsey-Washington Metro Watershed District has made the decision to cancel WaterFest 2020. However, we are moving forward with plans for the return of WaterFest next spring, 2021. Thank you and stay healthy.
WaterFest is a free family event at Lake Phalen including:
- Paddling: Try your hand at paddling a Voyageur canoe, kayak or canoe.
- Fishing: Learn about different fishing techniques and the value of clean water. Then use your new skills to enter the fishing contest.
- Games: Archery, mini golf and more!
- Boating: Take a spin on a sailboat or paddleboat.
- Arts and crafts: Make a plant print or a bead critter.
- Live animals: Get acquainted with water critters, land bugs, snakes, alligators, and more with entomologists, members of the Minnesota Herpetological Society, and Maplewood Nature Center.
- Exhibits: Learn to identify an insect, recognize a bird song, tie a fishing lure and much more!
- Native plant giveaway: Identify native plants and select one to take home.
- Street sweeper: Climb in the cab and learn how clean streets keep lakes clean.
- Food trucks: Buy tasty treats from local food trucks and vendors.
- Music and dance: Enjoy a variety of performances throughout the day.
Explore. Learn. Experience!
Vendor & Exhibitor Registration [Closed for 2020 due to cancellation]
Volunteer Registration [Closed for 2020 due to cancellation]
WaterFest 2020 Sponsors [Unavailable for 2020 due to cancellation]
WaterFest 2020 Activity Liability Waiver [Unavailable for 2020 due to cancellation]
*Signed liability waiver is required for some activities such as boating/paddling and climbing walls. To receive an activities wristband, kids under 18 years of age must have the waiver signed by their parent or guardian.
Schedule of Events
(Unavailable due to cancellation)
Become a WaterFest sponsor
Each year, many local businesses, non-profits and partner agencies help to make WaterFest a valuable community event through their generous support. To become a 2021 WaterFest sponsor, please download the forms below or contact event organizer Maddy Bohn for more information.
Sponsorship Registration [Link unavailable for 2020 due to cancellation]
Connect with WaterFest
Help us advertise! Download, print or share the link to this one-page flyer to help get the word out about WaterFest!
Questions or media inquiries? Please contact Maddy Bohn, event coordinator, at email@example.com.