Timeframe and hours: At least 32 hours per week between Memorial Day and Labor Day, with potential for part-time, flexible hours before and after this period. Normal hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Some weekends and evenings may be required to attend local events.
Salary: $15 per hour
Apply by March 22, 2019: Send resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail to Ramsey-Washington Metro Watershed District, 2665 Noel Drive, Little Canada, MN 55117.
Learn the difference between public information and public relations while providing needed communications support for our watershed district located in the eastern Twin Cities metro area. Assist the Communications Coordinator in generating creative content for social media, website and other channels as needed. Archive photo and video footage captured in the field. Assist with event planning and coordination.
- Students with college coursework in mass communication, journalism or related field preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Multilingual a plus.
- Skill or interest in photography and videography.
- Basic knowledge of outdoor recreation and environmental/conservation issues.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Interns must have access to a personal vehicle for daily use. Some travel within the District is required. Mileage will be reimbursed at the federal rate.
- Must be comfortable working in various field conditions. Job requires occasional walking in rough terrain.
- Job may require working in challenging weather conditions (cold, rain and heat). Individual must provide their own field clothing, rain gear, boots, etc.
- Must have proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is preferred, but not required.
We accept resumes even when there are no current job openings. We’ll keep your resume on file for one year and consider it if any openings become available during that period. District staff will contact you regarding your availability and interest.
Submit all applications by email email@example.com or regular mail to: 2665 Noel Drive, Little Canada, MN 55117. Please note the application requirements and deadlines as job listings may remain on this page for a short time after the close of the application period.
Thank you for your interest in working with us.